If you are a really good coder you could do this....

 :: General :: Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  PwnageDude on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:04 am

Well i found this vid of a private server that maybe you could do something like them (custom stuff) just look at the vid........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcRooCsmnk
and dont try to move to that server, it doesnt work, the website is fake, anything that ends with tk is.... so dont think im advertising them... they just have so much awsome custom stuff affraid

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 am

Lol, what a song.

I'm not so fond of much clicking and scrolling to get where I want to be. I like the all-in-one shop for the collection it has tho.
Omg, the possibility to buy earrings.. *drool*
I've recently started using my arrows to get from @fmnpc to Zakum. Lol, I like to stick my hands onto my keyboard when I'm using it to play.
Enter, enter, enter, 3 down, enter, 5 (or 6) down, enter. Huzzah!

Too bad it doesn't work with Cody. You -have- to click on 'yes', because using enter is the same as clicking no.

And this comment made me shrug. x]
Its a fake site. Every site with a Tk´╗┐ at the end is fake. WOW. posting this was useless.
How much would a .com or something cost?
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wasnt me

Post  PwnageDude on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:09 am

it wasnt me who posted that but the truth is he was just prob saying that .tk usually doesnt work (b/c it free) so there was really no point in it if you r just showing an awsome server and then saying sry u cant have it

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  SupraMan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:17 am

PwnageDude wrote:Well i found this vid of a private server that maybe you could do something like them (custom stuff) just look at the vid........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcRooCsmnk
and dont try to move to that server, it doesnt work, the website is fake, anything that ends with tk is.... so dont think im advertising them... they just have so much awsome custom stuff affraid
First off,
It works,Its a forum, Most .tk's work.
But thats not my point.

Second,
The ''awesome stuff'' is from editing the .wz's... And most of it is from some one
elses server, Or atleast the mario maps.
The mounts may be from SexyMS, they had a good editor and they made their server
COMPLETELY unique.

Last,
Im sure if anyone here could do that they already would have...
But if its possible to get all that im willing to wait.
(:
avatar
SupraMan

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply

Post  PwnageDude on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:56 am

Sry i didnt know that much about this but i just thought it looked awsome and it what doesnt work the server or the website b/c i tried the web a million times and it didnt work but i just tried the server once- didnt work

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  d4rk on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:06 am

ok both of you... this site is a .tk.. and it works....

secocndly the custom mounts and crap, are from .wz fiels as u said , however all the players have to have the same .wz files to be able to see them /use them henceforeth every player would have to download a custom version of maple just to play it....

_________________
avatar
d4rk

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  PwnageDude on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 am

sry i just thot it was a cool idea Sad

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:49 pm

d4rk wrote:ok both of you... this site is a .tk.. and it works....

secocndly the custom mounts and crap, are from .wz fiels as u said , however all the players have to have the same .wz files to be able to see them /use them henceforeth every player would have to download a custom version of maple just to play it....
I'm sorry, but I get the feeling you shoot down every suggestion that we make. It happened at the All-in-one-shop (by Pwnagedude), the job changer (by Chiru), the timezone time-problem (by Nakazato) the videocard (by Rawr, although that apparently wouldn't work, but that wasn't your argument) and it happened right here.
As far as I'm concerned, and I know I'm just a player and not a GM with special privileges like you- so maybe I don't have the right to speak, but there's nothing wrong with making suggestions.
I remember Kenny once said he wanted to make a .com out of this site, which made me wonder how much it would cost.
It appears to me that you think we're ungrateful for the effort Kenny put in making this .tk. This is not the case, you know?
We're actually making suggestions to make the server for us and for future players more attractive.
This site is indeed a .tk, and in my opinion there is indeed nothing wrong with it- because it works.
What I wanted to make clear was that most people tend to think that .tk's are fake or made to scam people etc. and simply put, just don't easily trust sites that end with .tk.

About the 'custom mounts and crap', I don't think that the most people mind playing on a not-customed version of Maple. Even if they had to download something more for it.
Doesn't mean wouldn't like a 'normal' server, but I don't think we'd actually mind. I don't know this for sure, but this is what I think.
I saw this as a post that like- actually notified me of the possibilities.
I don't care if servers are 'custom' or whatever, but I don't think it's wrong to post things like this on this forum as a suggestion.

Anyways, I'm starting to rant.

What I wanted to say was that you, as a GM, can be a tad more supportive about certain things.
You tend to shoot (good) ideas down like flying ducks before they're actually flying.
(Does this make sense? Guess not, but I hope you get my point.)
I haven't seen a reply anywear near: "Oh, that's a pretty good idea.", "Good one. We didn't think of that." or any reply that's supportive.
Try to be more positive about the suggestions we make, please.
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  PwnageDude on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 am

I saw this as a post that like- actually notified me of the possibilities.
I don't care if servers are 'custom' or whatever, but I don't think it's wrong to post things like this on this forum as a suggestion.

Thanks, i think this is the 1st friendly thing some1 said to me in the forums Very Happy

EDIT: lol the quote didnt work

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  d4rk on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:15 am

Isadoro wrote:


I remember Kenny once said he wanted to make a .com out of this site, which made me wonder how much it would cost.
It appears to me that you think we're ungrateful for the effort Kenny put in making this .tk. This is not the case, you know?
We're actually making suggestions to make the server for us and for future players more attractive.
This site is indeed a .tk, and in my opinion there is indeed nothing wrong with it- because it works.
What I wanted to make clear was that most people tend to think that .tk's are fake or made to scam people etc. and simply put, just don't easily trust sites that end with .tk.

dude ive been here for about 3 years... since it was hamachi it has come a long way.... and a dot com costs a fuckload..... seriously + no one of u guys donate anything... kenny is not getting anything out of it... there is only 2 donators on the whole game... if you want the .com donate for it then .


seccondly i do agree with good ideas , the ones i actlay pass onto kenny in person. i dont seem it nessacary to create posts if i can easily talk to him on msn.
thirdly the things that people are suggesting are allready implimented, and stuff we are working on we can only code so much at a time. we do have lives you know. if you want to do all the work sure go ahead do it yourself then come back to us...

_________________
avatar
d4rk

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:06 am

d4rk wrote:
Isadoro wrote:


I remember Kenny once said he wanted to make a .com out of this site, which made me wonder how much it would cost.
It appears to me that you think we're ungrateful for the effort Kenny put in making this .tk. This is not the case, you know?
We're actually making suggestions to make the server for us and for future players more attractive.
This site is indeed a .tk, and in my opinion there is indeed nothing wrong with it- because it works.
What I wanted to make clear was that most people tend to think that .tk's are fake or made to scam people etc. and simply put, just don't easily trust sites that end with .tk.

dude ive been here for about 3 years... since it was hamachi it has come a long way.... and a dot com costs a fuckload..... seriously + no one of u guys donate anything... kenny is not getting anything out of it... there is only 2 donators on the whole game... if you want the .com donate for it then .


seccondly i do agree with good ideas , the ones i actlay pass onto kenny in person. i dont seem it nessacary to create posts if i can easily talk to him on msn.
thirdly the things that people are suggesting are allready implimented, and stuff we are working on we can only code so much at a time. we do have lives you know. if you want to do all the work sure go ahead do it yourself then come back to us...

Dude, I don't get why you start to talk about Hamachi. And I was already asking, how much is a 'fuckload'? Mind to watch your words when you have a GM-status?
There's a reason why I was asking how much a .com costs. It'd be nice to know how much of a donation is needed and whatfor.
So the donations go to buying a .com at the moment?
[Suggestion: a meter that says how much people donated yet and how much is needed for [goal].]

Just answer some questions, which for you, who has been around for about three years, should be quite easy.
Lol too lazy for some people and me XD lol its more convenient for most of us
So what if he's lazy, it's more CONVENIENT, so why not help instead of posting something like "its not that hard to google it ....".
Of course it isn't hard to Google. It's like OR everyone has to Google, or they can find it on the forum, where they already are.

On the second part:
You do create posts and they are not positive, so why should I think you support them in the first place?
It doesn't make sense to think "Oh, he's being negative about the idea, I bet he's telling Kenny all about the awesome idea!".
Or do you think they aren't good?
[Suggestion: Close threads with ideas which are already taken in consider.]

On the third part:
How am I supposed to know that? You just said you don't post that you notified Kenny or whatever.
(Props for Kenny btw for keeping us up-to-date wherever in the Suggestion-section you post.)
I know it takes time, I know you guys have lives. The problem isn't that it takes too much time.
I don't know where you got that idea.
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  d4rk on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 am

for the record forum mods are in charge of doing the forum shit. i dont even have acess to close the posts so why are u complaining to me>

_________________
avatar
d4rk

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 am

d4rk wrote:for the record forum mods are in charge of doing the forum shit. i dont even have acess to close the posts so why are u complaining to me>
This wasn't a suggestion for you. I've read your question about the GM's on forums etcetc.
I know you don't have the option to do so, but you can consider the suggestions tho.
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  d4rk on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 am

and also by the way. if life was convenient what is the point of doing anything if everything is given to you, you will never grow as a person. same thing goes in game, once everything is given to you what is the point of playing anny more? ive played on servers / gmed on servers with + 32k attack weapons and its just boring, u can one hit the hardest boss in the game. the only reason you play is to talk because the rest is too easy. but here where u have to earn/find things there is still a game to be played + the ability to talk to the community, that is why i am so negative to 1/2 the things because it takes all the game out of the game, you might as well close the game forever and just have a single forum. because that is essentially what you are doing if everything is provided for you .

_________________
avatar
d4rk

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am

d4rk wrote:and also by the way. if life was convenient what is the point of doing anything if everything is given to you, you will never grow as a person. same thing goes in game, once everything is given to you what is the point of playing anny more? ive played on servers / gmed on servers with + 32k attack weapons and its just boring, u can one hit the hardest boss in the game. the only reason you play is to talk because the rest is too easy. but here where u have to earn/find things there is still a game to be played + the ability to talk to the community, that is why i am so negative to 1/2 the things because it takes all the game out of the game, you might as well close the game forever and just have a single forum. because that is essentially what you are doing if everything is provided for you .
Not everything has to come with struggles, but whatever. If that's your way of thinking about the convenience of life or whatnot, so be it. This has nothing to do with this subject.
I think you still don't completely get my point.
It's not only your negativity, it's how you put it in words. Somehow you can make people say sorry for posting a suggestion.
[Offtopic: And it could be considered to be able to trade your max stats for 32k-stats equips, so you don't RB only for the RB-count, but also for the AP that comes with leveling.]
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Immerse on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Isadoro wrote:[Offtopic: And it could be considered to be able to trade your max stats for 32k-stats equips, so you don't RB only for the RB-count, but also for the AP that comes with leveling.]

The MSI system is a pretty good idea that is currently being used in other servers. I, however, don't think the MSI system would be suitable for this server for the moment; this server would have to go a long way before such an idea is necessary to be implemented. No offense intended, but the server lacks in content, population, organization, server stability (such as lags and rollbacks), economy, and anti-hack aspects. Smalls steps to refine the server may be more necessary to be taken prior to implementing a large-scaled idea.
avatar
Immerse

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  PwnageDude on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:23 am

The MSI system is a pretty good idea that is currently being used in other servers. I, however, don't think the MSI system would be suitable for this server for the moment; this server would have to go a long way before such an idea is necessary to be implemented. No offense intended, but the server lacks in content, population, organization, server stability (such as lags and rollbacks), economy, and anti-hack aspects. Smalls steps to refine the server may be more necessary to be taken prior to implementing a large-scaled idea.[/quote]

You gotta love how this guy writes XD no offense meant

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Isadoro on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 am

Immerse wrote:
Isadoro wrote:[Offtopic: And it could be considered to be able to trade your max stats for 32k-stats equips, so you don't RB only for the RB-count, but also for the AP that comes with leveling.]

The MSI system is a pretty good idea that is currently being used in other servers. I, however, don't think the MSI system would be suitable for this server for the moment; this server would have to go a long way before such an idea is necessary to be implemented. No offense intended, but the server lacks in content, population, organization, server stability (such as lags and rollbacks), economy, and anti-hack aspects. Smalls steps to refine the server may be more necessary to be taken prior to implementing a large-scaled idea.
Yes, you're right. Makes sense.

@PwnageDude
Makes you want to rub your eyes, neh? rabbit
avatar
Isadoro

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  PwnageDude on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm

[quote="Isadoro"][quote="Immerse"][quote="Isadoro"]




@PwnageDude
Makes you want to rub your eyes, neh? rabbit

lolz

PwnageDude

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Immerse on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 pm

[quote="PwnageDude"][quote="Isadoro"][quote="Immerse"]
Isadoro wrote:




@PwnageDude
Makes you want to rub your eyes, neh? rabbit

lolz

Oh the joy of reading.
avatar
Immerse

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you are a really good coder you could do this....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: General :: Suggestions

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum